Monday, February 25, 2008

Saluki Way Project Receives $1 million Donation.

According to Eddington, A few weeks ago, one of wedded couple who live in carbondale annouced that they have decided to donate for Saluki Way at SIU arena.(2008)

In his article, Eddington says that "As Cook made the annoucement, he recalled the last SIU sporting event he attended with his father just three weeks before he passed away"(2008, para 2). He and his father are life long fan of Saluki and have lots of memorable moment with Saluki. SIU's Saluki Way project is one step closer to its goal because of their donation. Eddington says that SIU need much more money for Saluki Way.(2008) It's come not just from private contribution, but also the city of Carbondale and student fees. Construction is scheduled to begin this fall.

When I read this article, I was so surprised and interested in this issue because I want to study sport marketing in SIU. So I am very interested in this kind of issue. In my country's case, It's very unusual situation that somone gives his money for his community's university even if he likes watch sports game. In my opinion, I support using some taxes or student fees for Saluki Way because it is kind of marketing. I think main purpose of university is schooling. However, it requires lots of money for efficient schooling. Therefore the university performs some marketing strategy for advertising. I think the best way of marketing is make good image. I am sure that University sports team help make good image for university.

By. Young-ho Park

No comments: